India Study Tour eReader
These readings deal with key Indian cultural institutions and India’s modernization.
As you grapple with questions dealing with this course, you should read the essays in this eReader.
Please note: Warning! This content has been prepared for the sole use of students enrolled in my courses. These materials cannot be copied or distributed to others.
The following readings are available for your use:
- Buddhism: Therevada and Mahayana
- Buddhist Wheel of Life v1
- Buddhist Wheel of Life v2
- Hinduism: Dharma, Artha, Kama, Moksha
- Islam in India
- Sufi Mysticism
- Muslim Ruler in India
- Ideal Social Order
- Opening to the West
- Nationalism Moderate Extremist Islamic
- Six Paths to India’s Future
- Chaturvedi, A Brief History and Culture of Braj
- Christie, India – Intro 2013
- Christie, India – Social & Cultural 2013
- Christie, India – Economic & Political 2013
- Christie, India – Conflict & Peace 2013
- Gandhi as Peacebuilder
- Hindu – Muslim Tensions
- India and the Balance of Power
- India – Pakistan Relations
- Vrindavan’s Widows
- What is Peace Psychology?
- Sinha Raja Tammita-Delgoda, A Traveller’s History of India (paperback)
- R. K. Narayan,trans., The Ramayana (Penguin Paperback) also eBook
- M. K. Gandhi, An Autobiography or The Story of my experiments with truth (Navajivan or Dover) also eBook
- Aravind Adiga, The White Tiger
- Eyewitness Travel, India (Available in OSUM Bookstore)
- Wm. Theodore de Barry, ed., Sources of Indian Tradition
Recommended Supplement Books
- Eknath Easwaran, Gandhi the Man: How One Man Changed Himself to Change the World
- Eknath Easwaran, The Dhammapada (Classics of Indian Spirituality) Buddha’s teachings
- John Keay, India: A History
Why Foreign Travel?
This page is subject to revision.