Maxwell Vore

Hello, my name is Maxwell Vore and I am a first-year student at Ohio State University and I am a part of the International Affairs Scholars program. I intend on earning a bachelor of the arts in International Studies with a specialization in Latin American Studies. My aspirations for college include completing undergraduate research, completing a study abroad program, and reading and appreciating a piece of literature in Spanish, the language I am studying and intend to minor in. Out of class, I am currently a member of Ohio State’s chapter of CCWA, the Collegiate Council of World Affairs, where I participate in weekly discussions about international issues, attend lectures regarding world affairs, and compete as part of the club’s Model United Nations team. Additionally, I am training to serve as a mentor for a young adult through CRIS, Community Refugee and Immigration Services, a non-profit which provides resources primarily to immigrants and refugees in order to facilitate their self-sufficiency in the Columbus, Ohio area. During my free time, I enjoy learning about topics I am uneducated in through reading non-fiction and fiction, and eating food that makes it necessary to have developed a running habit. During my time on campus, I hope to harness these experiences into growth that will allow me to better analyze and serve the world around me.