G.O.A.L.S.

Global Awareness: students cultivate and develop their appreciation for diversity and each individual’s unique differences.

Original Inquiry: students understand the research process by engaging in experiences ranging from in-class to independent experiences with top researchers across campus and in the global community. Personally, through opportunities in my high school, I was able to intern at a microbiology lab at OSU during the spring semester of my junior year of high school. I will continue to achieve this goal as I continue to have more experiences in other internships.

Academic Enrichment: students pursue academic excellence through rigorous curricular experiences beyond the university norm both in and out of the classroom. Since I was in a College Credit Plus program during high school, I came into college with 40 credits which means that some of the classes I am taking my first semester are higher level, like my General Chemistry 1220 class. I will continue to achieve this goal as I fulfill my GE’s and major required classes to possibly graduate a year early.

Leadership Development: students develop leadership skills that can be demonstrated in the classroom, community, their co-curricular activities, and that prepares them for their future roles in society.

Service Engagement: students will commit to service to the community.