Strategic Purchasing’s Vendor IT Expo and eStores Vendor Fair is coming up next month, and the final schedule of presentations has just been released! Check out the Schedule tab to download the agenda for the day.
Overall, there are 12 vendors presenting their latest and greatest offerings and a total of 34 vendors who will be in attendance on April 15! Visit the Vendors tab to download a printable list of vendors and presenters.
Here’s the full list of vendors for 2015:
- Andrews Moving
- Applied Industrial Technologies
- City Apparel
- Continental Office Environments
- DS Waters
- Fisher Scientific*
- G&G Outfitters
- Golden Star Promotions
- Outreach Promotional Solutions
- Proforma TCL
- Progress Supply
- Radiant Technology
- Red Hat*
- Rolta AdvizeX*
- SoundCom Systems
- Spectra Contract Flooring
- Sunshine Promotions
- Tech Hub
- University Catering
- Verizon Wireless
*also giving a presentation
Mark your calendars for this all-day informational event! We hope to see you there!
Strategic Purchasing is sponsoring a Vendor IT Expo in combination with an eStores Vendor Fair on April 15. This all-day event will bring a wide variety of technology resources and other vendors to staff and faculty of The Ohio State University. Among the 32 vendors attending are Oracle, Microsoft, Adobe, Fisher Scientific and Continental Office Environments. Each will share information on the services they provide to the university, and many will also showcase their upcoming innovative offerings.
There is no cost to attend this event and no need to register—just save the date! The Vendor IT Expo and eStores Vendor Fair will take place on Wednesday, April 15, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Great Hall Meeting Room in the Ohio Union. This event is open to all OSU staff and faculty, so feel free to invite your colleagues!
Stay tuned: as more companies confirm their presentations, we will provide an update and a full schedule of exhibitions occurring throughout the day.
Also, please note that registration is closed for any companies wishing to present.
The date has been selected for the next annual Vendor IT Expo!
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
at the Ohio Union
Mark your calendars and be on the lookout for more details, coming soon!
Regarding the Vendor IT Expo tomorrow, there have been a few changes to the presentation schedule:
- As mentioned earlier this week, Oracle will be presenting at noon in the Great Hall Meeting Room (previously at 3 p.m.)
- Due to scheduling conflicts, Aruba will no longer be presenting at 9 a.m. A representative will be available at their table throughout the day to discuss their offerings.
- Red Hat will now be presenting “IT Without Boundaries” at 9 a.m. in the Great Hall Meeting Room.
Oracle will now be presenting in the Great Hall Meeting Room at noon instead of 3 p.m.
Please update your calendars accordingly if you’d like to see this presentation, Big Data as the Next Frontier for Innovation.
OCIO Supplier Management is sponsoring a raffle during the Vendor IT Expo on March 27, 2014. The Ohio State University employees who attend the Expo may enter for a chance to win ONE of many prizes purchased from WiredOut, including:
- 2 Apple TVs
- 3 iPad Mini devices
- 2 JBL speakers
- 2 Skullcandy headphone sets
- 4 $25 iTunes gift cards
Entrants can only submit their name for ONE of these prizes.
- Guests of the Vendor IT Expo who are over the age of 18 and currently work for The Ohio State University are eligible to enter the raffle.
- Those who work for OCIO Supplier Management are NOT eligible to win.
- Only one entry per person is allowed. Participants can submit only one business card or fill out one entry form for the raffle, and they can choose to enter for a chance to win one prize.
- Winners will be drawn at noon and 3:50 p.m. during the Vendor IT Expo on March 27, 2014 in the Ohio Union. One Apple TV winner, one iPad Mini winner, one JBL speaker winner, one Skullcandy headphone set winner and 2 iTunes gift card winners will be selected at noon. Winners for the remaining prizes will be drawn at 3:50 p.m.
- Winners do not need to be present to win.
- Winners will be contacted during the week following the expo to arrange a date and time to pick up their prize.
- Winners will have their prizes reported to OHR for tax purposes. Supplier Management will gather the necessary information at the time the winner picks up their prize.
- Winners will be expected to provide university ID to verify their eligibility.
Personal information will not be used for any purpose beyond contacting you if you win.
A few details have changed for the upcoming Expo:
- HP and TEKsystems have switched presentation times in the Round Room. TEKsystems will present at 10 a.m. and HP will present at 11. These changes are reflected in the schedule and list of exhibits.
- Microsoft‘s presentation will now feature the Windows Azure Offering.
- Wired Out will be sponsoring a raffle, and all guests of the Expo will have a chance to win, just by dropping off a business card or contact information. More details on prizes and official rules will be coming soon.
This article originally appeared in OnCampus on March 6.
The Office of the Chief Information Officer is sponsoring a Vendor IT Expo on March 27, bringing a wide variety of technology resources to the IT community of The Ohio State University.
“This event is intended to provide exposure to suppliers who have provided cost effective value-added relationships to many departments,” said Sam Stephens, OSUMC Purchasing Manager. “This way, departments who have not had the opportunity to engage them can consolidate purchasing power and similar mechanisms of support.”
This all-day event features 20 technology suppliers including Adobe, Dell, AT&T, Microsoft, ServiceNow, Splunk and many more. Each will provide information on the services they offer to the university, and many will also showcase their upcoming innovative offerings.
IT staff across campus are getting excited for this opportunity to meet our vendor partners. Diane Dagefoerde, Chief Information Officer of the College of Arts and Sciences said “By working collaboratively with our partners we can solve problems quickly and effectively, and I look forward to learning more about the solutions they have helped to establish at Ohio State!”
There is no cost to attend this event and no need to register—just save the date! The Vendor IT Expo will take place on Thursday, March 27 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Great Hall Meeting Room at the Ohio Union. This event is open to all OSU IT staff, so feel free to invite your colleagues.
OCIO’s Vendor IT Expo is coming up next month, and the schedule of presentations has just been released! This all-day event features more than 20 technology suppliers including Adobe, Dell, AT&T, Microsoft, ServiceNow, Splunk and many more. Each will provide information on the services they offer to the university, and many will also showcase their upcoming innovative offerings during special presentations each hour: Check out the Schedule and Exhibits tabs for more details.
There is no cost to attend this event, and there is no need to register for each session; just mark your calendars to be sure you don’t miss out on these technology demonstrations and explanations.
On March 27, doors to the Great Hall Meeting Room will open at 8:30 a.m. so you can sign in and enjoy light refreshments before the first sessions. Dell and Aruba will begin their presentations promptly at 9 a.m., so plan to get to the Union early. Each presentation will last 45 minutes, allowing time for Q&A and preparation for the following session.
Between noon and 1 p.m., there will be a break for lunch when guests can pick up something from the Union Market or one of the many restaurants on High Street. The Expo will only be serving light refreshments in the morning and again in the afternoon.