Hello! My name is Anagha Velamakanni, but everyone calls me Nikki. I’m from Hyderabad, India but I’ve lived in the United States my entire life (I’ve recently gained my citizenship!). My family moved here when I was three years old and since then, I’ve lived in many states, such as Rhode Island, Illinois, Texas, and, of course, Ohio. I am a determined, outgoing, passionate, and sympathetic person. I am a Neuroscience major on the Pre-Law track, and I plan to go to Law School.  I hope my academic career helps me achieve my goals of being a lawyer and be more involved in politics and activism.

I’m in college to further pursue my academic career. I hope, by indulging myself in an excellent, rigorous, and diverse environment, I can learn more about myself, my future, and my peers. I want to build my secure future at OSU and I’m really grateful for this opportunity. I would say my academic goals are high, they would take a lot of hard work and determination to achieve but I believe in myself and I will take advantage of all the resources I have at OSU. I want to continue my growth as person, especially in my patience. My job as a Teaching Assistant at Sylvan Learning Center has helped me learn patience with others, especially with my co-workers and my bosses. In the future, I hope to make a political and scientific change in society through my involvement with PSL Scholars and my major of Neuroscience.