The Vegetable Production Systems Laboratory at The Ohio State University-OARDC, Department of Horticulture and Crop Science, has developed this site to provide resources and tools to strengthen vegetable farms and businesses, to aid peers, and to increase product value to end-users and consumers.
The site provides:
- Information on our areas of research: crop environments, microbial bioproducts, product quality, soil balancing, vegetable grafting
- Descriptive photo galleries from these different research areas
- Reports, publications, and presentations based on the outcomes of our research
- Digital tools, including access to online communities, developed to aid stakeholders in decision making and troubleshooting
- Demonstration videos intended to assist growers and others implement improved production and quality methods and practices
Tunnels 401: Making the Most of Tunnel-based Vegetable Production, Now and Later
This workshop will address persistent and emerging challenges in using low, mid, and high tunnels in commercial vegetable production more effectively. The workshop will take place on June 21, 2017 at The OSU Extension Office, Geauga County in Burton, Ohio. For more information and to register, contact Erik Draper (440-834-4656; firstname.lastname@example.org) or Matt Kleinhenz (330-263-380; email@example.com).