The Department of Horticulture and Crop Science has developed this site to provide resources and tools to strengthen vegetable farms and businesses, to aid peers, and to increase product value to end-users and consumers.
The site provides:
- Information on our areas of research: crop environments, microbial bioproducts, product quality, soil balancing, vegetable grafting
- Descriptive photo galleries from these different research areas
- Reports, publications, and presentations based on the outcomes of our research
- Digital tools, including access to online communities, developed to aid stakeholders in decision making and troubleshooting
- Demonstration videos intended to assist growers and others to implement improved production and quality methods and practices
NEWS AND EVENTS
New Resource for Understanding Microbial Biostimulants in the Grower’s Toolbox:
VPSL’s Matt Kleinhenz discussed microbial biostimulants in vegetable crop production on the Great Lakes Vegetable Producer’s Network weekly roundtable discussion series, July 8, 2020. Find the recorded conversation HERE. Learn more about the GLVPN by visiting their website and find more recordings from the series here. To find more of our resources to demystify these crop inputs, visit our Bugs in a Jug page.