Over the past 10-20 years there has been significant change in the specialty crops industry and in OSU department specialists and Extension educators serving the specialty crop arena.
We invite you to join us in quality conversation about CFAES research and Extension support for Ohio Specialty Crops Partners. CFAES administration and department chairs will provide updates on our priorities, existing support for specialty crops, and actions we are taking related to research and education for specialty crops. We will also take time to explore emerging trends for specialty crops agriculture in the state, listen to the industry needs and how CFAES plays a role in the industry.
The agenda is listed below:
-Welcome – CFAES Dean Cathann Kress – 10 minutes
-Department Updates – 24 minutes (3 minutes apiece)
- Entomology – Jamie Strange
- Food, Agricultural & Biological Engineering – Scott Shearer
- Food Science and Technology – Sheryl Barringer
- Horticulture and Crop Science – Doug Karcher
- Plant Pathology – Tom Mitchell
- School of Environment and Natural Resources – Jeff Sharp
- Extension – Jackie Wilkins
- CFAES Research Stations, Field Labs and Farms – Ken Scaife
-Specialty Crop Industry Trends – Guil Signorini – 10 minutes
-Small Group Interview Sessions Report – Jim Jasinski – 5 minutes
-Stakeholder Listening Session – 45 minutes
Due to the comprehensive statewide nature of this meeting, it will be held virtually over Zoom so that travel will not be a barrier to participate.
Please REGISTER no later than March 24, 2022 at
We look forward to seeing you on March 25th!