Winter is a good time to review farm leases, for both economic and legal reasons. We’ll provide you with current information to help with the farmland leasing process in our Ohio Farmland Leasing Update webinar on February 9, 2022, from 7 to 9 p.m. Barry Ward, Leader of Production Business Management for OSU Extension, will address the economic issues and our legal team of Peggy Hall and Robert Moore will provide the legal information.
Our agenda will include:
- Current economic outlook for Ohio row crops
- Research on cash rent markets for the Eastern Corn Belt
- Rental market outlook fundamentals
- Negotiating conservation practices
- Using leases in farmland succession planning
- Ohio’s proposed law on providing notice of termination
- Ensuring legal enforceability of a lease
There is no fee for the webinar, but registration is necessary. Register at https://go.osu.edu/farmlandleasingupdate.