USINTEC promotes access to come to the USA as visiting scholars. Graduate students usually obtain funding from scholarships, such as graduate ‘Sandwich-like’ programs or Provincial Government Programs or other funding sources. This funding should cover travel and accommodations, and a bench fee to cover the costs of the USA University partner.Depending on needs, Visiting Scholars may receive:
- Arrival Orientations and campus tours. Library orientation. J1 Visiting Scholar status. Living in the US Program Activities.
- Faculty mentor who provides regular meetings, advice, and assists with research design, library and other academic resources, and possible community visits to schools, universities, or industry settings.
- Attendance at meetings of communities in the USA, at the university or in the city.
- Possible field work at local or national educational sites or conferences when relevant to the scholars’ interests.
- Program support as needed.
At the same time as a scholar is looking for funding, the student should contact USINTEC to help find a faculty member mentor and with the paper work. Interested scholars should write a one sentence email expressing their interest and send to this email to start the process: email@example.com