The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Republic of Indonesia is offering “2014 Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarships (IACS) to foreign scholars and students. There are two programs offered, namely: the regular IACS program (March 10- June 21, 2014) to learn arts and culture in one of the Indonesian cities: Bandung, Denpasar, Makasar, Solo and Surabaya, and the special IACS program (March 8 to June 22, 2014) for scholars to learn further about Indonesian current political-economic and socio-cultural conditions as well as Indonesian language and arts. All recipients will receive tuition waiver, round trip economy class ticket, modest accommodation and allowance. The deadline of application for the regular IACS is January 17, 2014 and for the special IACS is January 24, 2014. For further information, click 2014 Indonesia Arts and Culture Scholarships (lACS) ,or go to this website.
The Indonesian government is offering “Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship Program” for acaddemic year 2014/2014 for foreign students. There are two programs offered, namely one-year program (September 2014 – July 2015) and six month program (September 2014-February 2015) in which recipients will have free tuition and other instructional fees, modest living allowance to cover accommodation and other living expenses. The deadline of application is January 24, 2014. For further information, click Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship Program
Fall semester 2013 turned to be intellectually very productive for USINTEC director and staff, Indonesian PhD and Dual Masters Students and Sandwich-like program participants at the Ohio State University. Here are the seminars where they presented their research and posters.
International Congress for School Effectiveness and Improvement, Jogjakarta, Jan 2 – 7, 2014
- Dr. Adrian Rodgers : Using a cross case analysis to propose reforms in Indonesian student teacher supervision
- Windhariyati Diah Kusumawanti, Riana Permatasari, Triubaida Maya Ardianti, Adrian Rodgers, Ph. D : Teachers’ Challenges and Limitations which Impede Their Role as Agents of Change.
IBBY (International Board on Books for Young People) Regional Conference, St. Louis, Missouri, October 18-20, 2013
NCTE (National Council of Teachers of English) Annual Conference, Boston, MA, November 22-24, 2013
- Theresia Enny Anggraini: Hair in Children’s Literature
Ohio TESOL Conference, Columbus, Ohio, November 15-16, 2013
- Yoseph Edmundus Budiyana: Developing English Language Teaching Materials for the Undergraduate Nursing Program in Indonesia
- Yohanes Widiyanto, Yanti Wirza, and Umar Abdullah: “Graduate Research: Studies of English Teachers from Indonesia”