Hello again, Buckeyes! I’m excited to talk about one of my favorite things: Instagram.
I find that Instagram is the most accessible and entertaining way to share my experiences. I love scrolling through my collection of Instagram photos as a way of recording and reliving my time at Ohio State so far.
On this 34th day of orientation, I’m sharing 34 of the best Instagram opportunities on Ohio State’s campus. Whether you’re in it for the “likes” or photography, enjoy my suggestions of insta opportunities.
1. Your Buck-ID. When you’re #new2osu, be sure to Instagram your BuckID. Just make sure to cover your student ID number in the lower left corner.
2. Orientation Group. Grab your group photo from the First Year Experience Facebook page to immortalize your college kick-off: orientation!
3. Convocation. The first time that the incoming Class of 2018 will be together at once. Imagine an Instagram with 7,000 new Buckeyes in it together.
4. New Friendship. Whether you’re with your new friends or roommate(s), share this moment. Your friends from home will be glad to see you’re not alone at school.
5. Welcome Week Concert. The Ohio Union Activities Board (OUAB) hosts a welcome back concert each fall.
6. Your first home on campus. This could be your residence hall, or, for commuting students, the Ohio Union.
7. The Oval. Any angle of the grassy Oval will perfectly capture something best described as “so college.”
8. Thompson Statue & Library. An image of this statue in front of the beautiful library glistening in the sunshine captures our tradition and excellence.
9. Thompson Stacks. These multi-colored stacks are encased in glass; perfect for a quirky insta.
10. Thompson Library at night. This west side of Thompson includes a glorious nighttime view of the glass windows and lights.
11. Aerial view of The Oval. From the 14th floor of Thompson Library, you can see the entire Oval.
12. Scarlet Skyway. The rose colored glass walkway attached to the RPAC can’t be missed.
13. The RPAC. The Recreation and Physical Activity Center is the largest rec center on a college campus.
14. Lincoln and Morrill Tower. The Towers are a West Campus staple.
15. Ohio Union. Inside or outside, this place is fondly referred to as the “living room of campus.”
16. Bronze Brutus. Some call it cliche, I call it part of the Buckeye experience. Get a picture of yourself alongside Bronze Brutus in the Union.
17. Mirror Lake. Once reconstruction on this famous lake is finished, show the world it is better than before with a beautiful picture.
18. Browning Amphitheater. This hidden gem beside Mirror Lake is historical and looks fantastic when covered in snow.
19. Light Up the Lake. This wintery celebration around Mirror Lake is perfect for a candle-lit moment.
20. Ohio Stadium/The Shoe. Need I say more about game day at Ohio State? #NoFilter on a the sea of scarlet and grey.
21. The Rotunda. This feature outside of the Shoe is designed like the Roman Pantheon.
22. Men’s Basketball Game. Enter the NutHouse and feel the energy.
23. The Numbers Garden. These large numbers are too unique to ignore.
24. Page Hall. Daytime or night, don’t miss The Oval’s most recently-renovated building.
25. The Seal. Ohio State’s emblem/seal can be found throughout campus.
26. Orton Bell Tower. This historic and Hogwarts-style building is my personal favorite.
27. “Summer’s heat.” Follow the lyrics to our alma mater “Carmen, Ohio” and take an outdoor photo of friends enjoying the sunshine.
28. “Winter’s cold.” Make the most of winter with a snowy Instagram of your favorite building on campus.
29. Whispering Wall. At the eastern edge of the Oval, find this wonder(ful) wall.
30. BuckeyeThon. Share your team color and support for this moving dance marathon.
31. President Drake. Everyone loves a celebrity photo. Make it a goal to meet Dr. Drake (and Instagram it).
32. University Hall. Known as the “most photographed building on campus”, it’s the perfect nighttime Instagram.
33. Brutus Buckeye. Our beloved mascot…enough said.
34. O-H-I-O. Find three other Buckeyes, any of the suggestions above, and feel the Ohio State spirit.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then I can only imagine the stories that will come from your first year in photos. Stay tuned for Mark’s post on Monday about 35 Adjectives to Describe Your First Year.
Until next time,