As you likely know by now, the Mirror Lake jump–a recent tradition that precedes the football game against TTUN–is slated to take place on Tuesday night. While many students may be participating (and will do so responsibly, we hope!), there are likely just as many–or more–of you who have no plans to splash around in dirty water in near-freezing temperatures. For those of you undecided about your Tuesday night plans, here are 15 alternatives to the Mirror Lake jump:
1. Get a head start on the drive home…all of the freeway lanes, none of the traffic.
2. Try out that Short North restaurant you’ve been eyeing since the start of the semester.
3. Create your own Thanksgiving meal using only items from a campus C-Store, a la “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving”:
4. Get a bird’s eye view of the jump (and your pick of the best rocking chair) from the 11th floor of Thompson library.
5. Listen to TBDBITL music on repeat…or at least until it starts to annoy your roommate(s).
7. Watch the Ohio State Men’s basketball team take on Louisiana Tech on the Big Ten Network (8 p.m.).
8. Practice your response to holiday inquiries from family, questions like:
9. Try to get your own hashtag trending.
10. Wash your sheets…maybe for the first time all semester?
11. Watch all the Thanksgiving episodes of your favorite TV show(s).
12. Memorize random facts about Ohio State football players to show your true dedication to the game. For example:
Can you imagine how crowded the Jones family dinner table was when Cardale was a kid? I don’t know how he and his five siblings–Matthew, Javon, Devonte, Sheena and Naomi–all fit!
That Perry kid has got some moves…I guess that’s why he was in the top five in long jump at the Ohio high school state track and field championships. His parents, Jim and Georgette, must be so proud!
13. Create a playlist of the American Music Award winners for the drive/flight home (looking at you, 1D).
14. Stuff your face at PizzaPalooza (10 p.m.-midnight, Ohio Union west plaza).
15. Find at least eight of your closest friends to recreate this YouTube vid (admittedly more appropriate before our loss on Saturday):
Happy Beat M!ch!g@n Week, everyone!