It’s officially December 1st, which means now is the chance to do all the winter and holiday things you can handle! Everyone enjoys this season in a different way, so get out there and enjoy it (instead of dreading the chill).
Here are nine ways you can get your festivus and winter feels on:
- Do you like holiday lights, but hate being outside in the cold? Then go to the Ohio Statehouse Holiday Festival and Tree Lighting on December 1 at 5:30!
- Take in the lights at Wildlights at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium! The lights are already up and will stay up until Jan. 3. They have millions of LED lights, 3 animated musical light shows, Santa, Mrs. Claus, and reindeer! And through Dtix in the Ohio Union you can get tickets for $10! What more could you want?
- What signifies cold weather more than hockey? The Blue Jackets have three games before the semester ends: vs. The Panthers December 4, vs. The New York Islanders December 12, vs. The Tampa Bay Lightning December 14. Ohio State’s Women’s Ice Hockey has 2 games against Minnesota Duluth on December 11 and 12.
- Kick off the holiday season with the Grand Illumination of Columbus as the Scioto Mile is lit up with thousands of lights! The ceremony starts at 5 p.m. on Dec. 4.
- Explore the Short North during their Holiday Hop on December 5! Enjoy an evening filled with sights, sounds, food, shopping, Santa, and surprises!
- Get a selfie with Rudolph! North Market will have reindeer outside on Dec. 6 from 12-3 p.m.
- Roam the historic streets of German Village and enjoy shops open late with holiday treats, discounts, and special offers during their Village Lights event. Festive surprises like carolers, live music, and a horse-drawn carriage are at every corner on Dec. 6 at 5 p.m.!
- Celebrate with the Ohio State community at Light Up The Lake on Dec. 9. There will be student performers, a motivational speakers, snacks, and holiday fun!
- Relax with friends and just enjoy the energy that comes with this time of year!