The Best Brunch Place on Campus

Now I might catch some heat for this opinion, but just wait before you go to the comments and tell me I’m wrong. Hear me out. My absolute favorite brunch place on campus is First Watch. It’s not for the food–although I would die for those potatoes–and it’s not for the location–it’s kind of far from where I live. It’s for the people I meet there every week.

My group of friends started a tradition last semester where we went to get brunch every Sunday morning. The first place we went to was First Watch, and the tradition just kind of stuck. Some weeks, some people couldn’t make it, and some weeks we had a full table, but you could always count on us to make the effort to see each other. 

The point of this post is not to hype up First Watch, but really just talk about making the effort to keep your friendships. The more people we meet on campus, the easier it can be to continuously move on from thing to thing, somewhat forgetting people along the way. Sure, you might see your old favorite lab partner walking down The Oval and wave hi to them, but then you remember two semesters ago where you were hanging out every week and had a deeper connection.

If you want to keep your friendships going solid, and make sure you have that support system always behind you, schedule a time to always meet up. Schedule your Sunday morning brunch, and promise to do your best to show up, sometimes it can’t be every week, but as long as the effort is there, they will be there.