Module 7 Blog: FINAL POST AND REFLECTION

I have learned and gained lots of experience and knowledge about Carmen. I have also learned about various online tools and study strategies to help me do well in classes and manage time.

At the beginning of the course I did not know about the plethora of online tools I could use. My time saving and study habits were also underdeveloped. I used to not really use a planner and my notes were random words and bullet points scattered about. Finally I was bad at time management and I used to just do everything at once last minute. My knowledge and skills and at the end of the course have changed dramatically. I am more efficient at time saving because I use a planner now. My planner has stuff in order of importance and I space out what I want to do now. This allows me to not do stuff last minute.

The most important thing I learned in this module is how to effectively take notes and cite sources. I like to use the skeleton outline. The skeleton outline is when you make the main points on notes the main topic then go in detail below it. Another important thing is citing sources. I learned on specifically on module 6 slides 4 and 5 that the 3 things that make sources good is reliability quality and utility.

One thing I have learned about myself is that when everything gets tough and stressful I am able to grind and be successful when I use the correct strategies of note taking and time management. I was able to be successful with my finals that all happened at the same time in addition to all my final work that was due in all my classes because I learned various strategies with saving time in this class. For example my enhanced notes allowed me to study faster and my planner and google calendar helped me create mini-goals. This has helped me become more confident in my abilities to be successful as an engineer.

I will apply what I learned in this class in the future. I will do this by transferring how I learn and take notes. In my future job I will need to retain and learn some info. I can use my note taking strategies. I can also use the online tools I learned in my jobs, such as google calendar to keep track of goals. I can also use my strengths and weaknesses when it comes to learning in my future job. Finally I am going to use the fact that I learned not to procrastinate in my future career.

To my viewers and students that I am parting with. I want to tell all of you that when the going gets tough, the tough chooses to go on. College is likely one of the most difficult times in your life. Many people may study 8 hours a day and still fail classes. However, college will determine how well you get back up and keep fighting. Make sure to use a planner, make a schedule, use this class to gain knowledge about what tools online to use. Use this class to become an efficient learner and stay ahead of your classes. Learning to stay motivated even after long days will allow you to do well in classes.

One thought on “Module 7 Blog: FINAL POST AND REFLECTION

1. “Thinking about having Indian today? Taste the most authentic & traditional Indian cuisines in Aldgate London. Order your takeaway now and enjoy the royal ethnic food!

Mumbai Square is a family-owned restaurant established a few years ago with a simple aim to serve people the most authentic Indian dishes in London. We are located in the City between Liverpool Street and Aldgate underground station.

At Mumbai Square, our chefs designed a menu to reflect our ethos and creativity using traditional Indian recipes. We only use halal meat. We have also created a special Vegan menu. You will have an intimate and relaxed dining experience with dedicated staff ensuring your time in our premises is memorable.

Mumbai Square, hosts events with up to 300 seats in a private function room, and high ceilings glass-fronted mezzanine level. Fully-fitted professional kitchen, bar and meeting room. You can hire our venue for a whole range of events such as launches, parties, meetings, corporate events, workshops, exhibitions, retreats and more.”