Artifacts

My senior capstone project was titled “Summer Camp Fun!”. I worked very closely with the youth minister from my church to help create a detailed plan for a one week summer camp for incoming 6th- 8th graders. Growing up, I had regularly attended the camp for elementary school, but the middle school camp was a recent addition. I really love being involved in my church, so helping with the camp was exciting. This project created personal growth in areas I didn’t expect. I wasn’t very good at public speaking, but I had to speak in front of individual small groups meetings and give directions at large group meetings. The picture below is me leading prayer in the gym of my church. 
My capstone project also taught me the importance of thinking on your feet. For the first day of camp, I had planned to have a field day filled with hula hoops competitions, tie dye, and tag team races; however, there was a very large storm, so all of our activities had to be rearranged. Service within my church is a very important aspect of my life, and I look forward to continuing different service projects with faith and kids in my journey at college.