Introduction

Welcome! I’m Sophie, a Columbus native studying in the College of Education and Human Ecology.

After participating in the John Glenn College of Public Affairs High School Internship Program in the fall of my senior year, I knew Ohio State was the school for me and public affairs was definitely not the major. I’m now pursuing my passion for helping people reach their full potential through a major in special education with a specialization in early childhood education and a minor in nonprofit management. I am interested in revising the definition of education and the role “schools” play in youth development to create a system where all, not just some, can succeed.

I was motivated to pursue a career working with children and youth by my work in high school with local nonprofit, Columbus Early Learning Centers. This experience allowed me to see the importance of the early years firsthand and to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of early childhood education. I look forward to growing my knowledge of education and human development through my studies at Ohio State.

This profile serves as my portfolio of all my professional and academic ventures. Have any questions? Feel free to send me a message!