Fashion Schau

The FashIMG_0288ion Schau is an annual event put on by Servitecture, a student service organization within the architecture program. This particular event allows students at any level to design a wearable outfit depending on a certain theme. This years theme was “Re-Modeled” posing the questions to the designers of what materials are being used in the dress and how they can begin to be sustainable. I had the fabulous opportunity of aiding Megan Pettner in designing a dress made completely out of coffee sleeves, gum wrappers, and toilet paper/paper towel rolls. The dress was not as easy to construct as we may have thought and took an enormous amount of time. The final project turned out great and we were able to score within the top 10 of all the fellow designers. Winning of course wasn’t the main goal of the night. The best memory of the night was learning how much money the event was able to raise for Dress For Success. This non-profit organization empowers women who may be less fortunate and helps them work on my interview skills and makes sure they are dressed to impress during interviews. it was fantastic to have so much fun while raising money for a great cause as well . This was for sure a great memory from my first yIMG_0673ear and I cant wait to participate again next year!