[The Home Page will show a running blog of your recent posts, which are categorized and show on that category’s page. Please delete this post or edit with your own information.]
[ “Year in Review” is where you should reflect on the past year and show how you have evolved as a person and as a student. You may want to focus on your growth in a particular area (as a leader, scholar, researcher, etc.) or you may want to talk about your overall experience over the past year. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
- Global Awareness: I am planning on taking courses discussing text from various countries, such as French Literature, so that I can graduate with a well rounded English degree. I am hoping to spend a semester studying abroad because I feel like being immersed in a foreign country will teach me a lot about world culture and responsibility. American Sign Language is something I am interested in and the Deaf community has a vibrant culture that ASL will help me learn about.
- Original Inquiry: I want to participate in a dance production of some kind here at OSU. I am hoping to join a club next year the does creative performances. I am also interested in research surrounding language deprivation and how ASL plays a role in Deaf education.
- Academic Enrichment: I am planning on taking honors courses as well as high level courses in ASL specifically. I am also hoping to either double minor in ASL and psychology, or add more hours of courses to my overall schedule.
- Leadership Development: I am interested in becoming a peer leader to incoming freshman next year. I would also enjoy being a PSL mentor so that I can help newcomers get accustomed to college life. Something I would enjoy in the future is to be a student representative for the English Undergraduate Organization.
- Service Engagement: I am hoping to find an organization surrounding conservation or any kind of environmental education so I can help bring awareness to clime change, habitat destruction, and possible solutions to current issues. I am also interested in taking learning through service courses, such as teaching at a center downtown for immigrant children who don’t know english.
[“Career” is where you can collect information about your experiences and skills that will apply to your future career. Like your resume, this is information that will evolve over time and should be continually updated. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email email@example.com. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
Antigone: What’s your major?
Emma: I am a public health major with a specialization in sociology.
A: What are you planning on doing career wise?
E: I am hoping I can work between public health and politics.
A: What year are you in college?
E: I am a second year.
A: Where are you from?
E: I’m from Dayton, Ohio.
A: Did you ever switch majors or did you always want to do public health?
E: I was originally a political science major but decided to switch to public health.
A: Why did you become a PSL mentor?
E: I wanted to connect with the freshman and help them through this difficult experience considering there’s a pandemic and their experiences would be new and confusing.
My name is Antigone Tschetter and I am a member of the Politics, Society, and Law scholars program at Ohio State University. My major is English Literature and I am planning on attending law school to become a criminal prosecutor. I am in a law pre professional program and am also interested in both Philosophy and Psychology. In high school I took many AP courses and graduated with a 4.0. I was a member of Varsity Cheerleading, Varsity Track and Field, NHS, and Drug Free Clubs Of America. I was captain of my Varsity Cheer team and promoted service activities to help with team bonding. I also had a part-time job during junior and senior year of high school while balancing clubs, cheer, and dance rehearsal. Dance is a major part of my life and I am hoping to get involved in studio classes or a dance team here at Ohio State. I am a motivated and creative student and my goals include learning more about getting into a prestigious law school and creating good relationships with other pre-law students.