Final Reflection

1. What has been your biggest challenge this semester? How did you address this?

This semester, my biggest challenge was trying to juggle all the homework and studying I needed to do in my classes. I addressed this challenge by using a planner and writing down what days I would get my work down, giving myself due dates for finishing assignments.

2. What majors/colleges did you explore through lecture attendance? Why/How did you choose those majors/colleges to explore?

Through lecture attendance, I explored the Natural and Mathematical Science majors in the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Food, Agriculture, and Environmental Sciences and the School of Environment and Natural Resources, and the Social and Behavioral Sciences majors in the College of Arts and Science. I am also planning on attending the lecture on the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences on December 4th. I chose to attend these lectures to further explore the colleges and majors within them because I have an interest in math and science and I realize that these are the most likely colleges that I will attend.

3. Describe how your thoughts about majors have changed over the course of the semester. Are you considering different majors now than you were at the start of the semester?

At the beginning of the semester, I knew I wanted to major in something science-related but I was limiting my options about what I would major in because I did not realize the plethora of majors at Ohio State. Now, after doing the research, I have found possible majors that I was unaware of before that are in the STEM field.

4. How do the majors you have considered fit with your strengths, interests and goals? What do you think, at this time, is the major(s) that best fit?

Majors I have considered have all been science-related, which fit with my interest in science. These majors also include investigative skills, which I look forward to in a future career. At this time, I believe the major that best fits my interests and goals is Medical Laboratory Science, the Certification Track.

5. What was most beneficial about attending lecture?

The most beneficial thing about lecture was hearing about the individual experiences from the students who would present from the different colleges.

6. What do you wish had been covered in lecture that was not?

I know it would have taken a good amount of time, but I wish brief summaries were given on the different types of majors within each college to better understand what they entailed.

7. List 1-2 goals for next semester to continue exploring majors/careers. What resources will you use to help you reach those goals?

My goal for next semester is to do more research into the Medical Laboratory Science Major and look into how to apply. I will utilize my Medical Lab Science advisor and the School of Health and Rehabilitation’s website, as well as contact someone from the Senior Bank who has majored in or is currently majoring in Medical Laboratory Science in order to get more insight on the program.

8. If you could go back and talk to yourself at the start of the semester, what advice would you give yourself?

I would tell myself to relax and to not over-stress about picking a major right away. The Exploration Program has helped bring awareness to different resources to utilize, which has aided me in finding what I believe in the right major for me.