Earth Month Action Plan

Now that I have done some research on my issue, I am excited that Earth Month is almost here.  During April, I will take one action each week for Earth Month.

The first action I am going to do is post a video on my twitter that reveals the horrible conditions of slaughterhouses.  This will spread awareness of the issue.  I will also share my weekly challenges with my followers in case anyone else wants to participate.  What may be difficult about this action is that a lot of people get annoyed with vegans on social media because they do not care or want to hear about the very real issues.  Hopefully, they actually watch the video and judge for themselves.

The second week of April I am going to strive to eat only vegetarian dinners.  I usually have chicken in my lunches, this will save a lot of animals and fight against these companies that are treating their animals so poorly.  It may be difficult to change my routine this way, but I will take advantage of OSU’s vegetarian options.

For the third Earth Month action, I will strive to eat only vegan lunches.  This will be a great way for me to see what it would be like to be vegan, without the transition being super dramatic and unrealistic.  It will also be for such a good cause, as vegans save a lot of animals and resources.  Plus, I will now be walking the walk instead of just talking the talk.  It may be difficult to find a lot of vegan options on campus, but I can ask my vegan friends what their favorite choices are!

As my final, and most challenging, action, I am going to try and not eat any meat for the week.  This will save a lot of animals and prevent more money to go to these inhumane slaughterhouses.  Also, maybe I will get in the habit of eating this way and stick with it.  It will be difficult for my body to get used to this change, but I will find protein in other forms.  I am excited to take on this Earth Month challenge!