My First Week at OSU

My first week at OSU was quite an enlightening adventure. I’ve realized more and more how different the adult world is from high school. Going into college, I expected an inverse of the high school student-to-teacher dynamic: no longer will teachers hunt you down for work; you are responsible for yourself and your assignments. Sadly this expectation translated into a mindset that I had to revere my professors with nigh unnecessary levels of respect. As such, I actually missed my first class because I was afraid to walk in and interrupt my professor’s class. After emailing him, however, I found that if the student shows due respect and tries their best, the professor is usually understanding and (to an extent) forgiving. Aside from that experience, however, my first week at OSU was possibly one of the most fun weeks of my life (while still being an educational experience). I hope that my OSU and Humanities Scholars experiences are each as wonderful as this first week has been and also educate and prepare me for the amazing and terrifying and amazing adult world which looms ahead of me.