For more information, visit the Safe and Healthy Buckeyes website.
This is a good time of year to start thinking about scholarships and to make sure you complete your Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) application. Here are some resources we recommend looking into:
- OSU has a new scholarship tool called Scholarship Universe where students can apply for Ohio State and external scholarships!
- Ohio Means Jobs has a scholarship search tool to help match you to scholarships in their database. They have over 1.5 scholarships available that students could qualify for!
- File your FAFSA by 2/1/2021 for maximum aid consideration
- The Complete Guide to Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
- Finding and Applying for Scholarships
- We also recommend just Googling scholarships to help maximize your opportunities
Ohio State has been recognized for our commitment to the inclusion of individuals with disabilities in the workplace, and for being a leader of diversity and inclusion best practices in Ohio.
Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD) has awarded Ohio State with a 2020 Employer Partners of Inclusion Platinum Award, which honors employers who have hired at least five OOD job seekers in the one-year evaluation period and met specific criteria that demonstrates their level of diversity and inclusion practices.
“Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where every individual is valued and can contribute is the foundation for a productive, gratifying workplace,” Susan Basso, senior vice president for talent, culture and human resources, said. “We appreciate our partnership with OOD and are proud to be recognized for our commitment to providing a positive workplace culture for all employees.”
Ohio State has been honored for the fourth consecutive year for dedication to the OOD partnership and continuous hiring and support of OOD candidates. In addition, Ohio State’s partnership with OOD includes a full-time talent sourcing coordinator on the Human Resources talent team and facilitates the hiring of many OOD candidates across all campuses and the Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
Ohio State was also recognized in 2017, 2018 and 2019 for creating a culture which encourages the support and advancement of employees with disabilities.
Read more on the OOD website.
Article Source: “Ohio State Recognized with Employer Partners of Inclusion Platinum Award.” Human Resources: Appreciation, Awards and Recognition, HR Connection, 2 Oct. 2020, hr.osu.edu/news/2020/10/02/ohio-state-recognized-with-employer-partner-of-inclusion-platinum-award/