Where are you from?
I grew up in Wisconsin. I lived in Washington D.C for graduate school as well as Tucson, AZ for my winter internship for graduate school.
What is your job title with the TOPS program?
Program Coordinator: Residential Coordinator
What responsibilities do you have with your job?
- I work with all students in the program, we meet at least bi weekly with each student, I focus on independent living goals. With the support of Students/Mentors I develop the social calendar and coordinate the community service program for the TOPS program.
- As the residential coordinator I work closely with housing/residence hall/student life departments as well as the staff at the University Village Apartment Complex that we have a partnership with. We have had a very exciting year hosting students in our first year being able to live in the residence hall.
What do you like best about working with TOPS?
- The students! I love working with young adults as they navigate the transition to adulthood.
- My awesome team of coworkers!
- The wonderful families that we serve.
What are some hobbies/interests that you have?
- I enjoy spending time with my family and friends.
- I enjoy hiking, playing games, cooking, going out to eat, and traveling.
Any interesting facts about yourself.
- I am fluent in American Sign Language.
- I’m married to my awesome husband of soon to be 27 years, we have one adult son and an Australian Shepherd Stella and a grand pup: Redd (Belgium Malinois)
- I am a Former Wrestling Coach (yes men’s team)