The Center for Disability Empowerment is hosting a series of Emergency Readiness Presentations for persons with paralysis in Franklin, Delaware, Licking and Union counties. The series is focused on educating and assisting persons with disabilities to become prepared for Ohio specific emergencies such as fire, snowstorms, tornadoes, floods, viruses, and active shooters. Qualifying disabilities include, but are not limited to: stroke, spinal cord injury, MS, cerebral palsy, or any other central nervous system injury or disorder resulting in difficulty or inability to move the upper or lower extremities.
Free Emergency Readiness Supplies:
- Car Emergency Kit
- First Aid Kit
- Yoga Mat
- Extendable Grabber
- Go/Stay Bag
- Go/Stay Bag for Pets
- Solar Charger
- Waterproof/Fireproof Bag
- Emergency Information Lanyard
- Face Masks
- Face Shield
- Multipurpose Grip Gloves
- All Weather Poncho
- Long Range Whistle
- Long-Handle Flashlight
- Stress Balls
HOW TO EARN SUPPLIES:
- Attend 5 presentations to choose 5 free items!
- Attend 10 presentations to choose 10 free items!
- Attend 14 presentations to receive ALL free items
- Attend ALL presentations for a raffle entry for a free evacuation chair ($3,000 value)
*Please note that supplies are based on attendance and are limited to the first 40 individuals with disabilities living within Franklin, Delaware, Licking and Union counties.
Click on topic to register for your session:
- The Stages of Emergency Readiness (October 2nd from 10:30am-12pm)
- Emergency Readiness and Intersectionality: How class, gender, ethnicity, ability, etc. play a part in Emergency Readiness (October 5 from 10:30am-12pm)
- The Politics of Emergency Readiness: How Funds are Distributed and How you can Help Improve Community Policies and Procedures (October 9 from 10:30am-12pm)
- Emergency Readiness Planning for Service Animals (October 12 from 11am-12pm)
- Emergency Readiness: Emergency Transportation (October 16 from 10:30am-12pm)
- Active Shooter Part 1: Preparation (October 19 from 10am-12pm)
- Active Shooter Part 2: Trauma Care for Civilians (October 23 from 10am-12pm)
- Active Shooter Part 3: The Fight and Aftermath (October 26 from 10am-12pm)
- Emergency Readiness: Durable Medical Equipment & Medical Supplies (October 28 from 11am-12pm)
- Emergency Readiness: Mental Health Post-Emergency (November 2 from 11am-12pm)
- Emergency Readiness: My Personal Readiness Plan (November 6 from 10am-12pm)
- FEMA Presentation: How can FEMA Help me? (November 16 from 11am-12pm)
- Emergency Readiness: Medication Management after an Emergency (November 18 from 11am-12pm)
- Be Red Cross Ready: How can Red Cross Help me? (November 20 from 11am-12pm)
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out to MSaade@disabilityempowerment.net or call us at 614.575.8055.