4703 Homestretch Ln Mason, OH 45040
The Ohio State University, College of Arts and Science GPA: 3.36 Graduation: May 2019
Biology Major; Medical Laboratory Sciences
• Biological Science Scholars Program
1 of 60 students selected to be a part of a highly selective program and living community that focuses on immersing students in the biological sciences community in order to advance their knowledge and careers
St. Xavier High School GPA: 3.81 Unweighted Graduation: June 2015
• Honors 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade
Research Assistant, Aronoff Laboratory August 2015- Spring 2017
• Only undergraduate student selected to assist Professor Irina Artsimovitch, head of the Department of Microbiology, in her research of DNA transcription, while progressively establishing an independent role in the laboratory
• Assist first year graduate student in Professor Artsimovitch’s lab, in his research of the discovering and understanding various mutants in rfaH.
Research Assistant, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology May 2016-August 2016
• One of two undergraduate students selected to assist graduate students in Professor Winston Kao’s laboratory, the head of the Department of Ophthalmology, studying GusB mutations in a mice population
Skills Learned: Gel Electrophoresis, DNA Transformation, OD Absorbance, PCR Reaction and Protein Purification
Server, Bravo! Italiana Cucina Mason OH January 2015-Present
• Serve tables at a popular local Italian restaurant with a hardworking and friendly attitude to ensure customer satisfaction and increase recurring customers.
Host, BDs Mongolian Grill, Mason, OH September 2014-January 2015
• Greet patrons and escort them to their tables while maintaining the organization of the floor charts to ensure the most efficient utilization of seating at the restaurant.
Volunteer, College Mentors for Kids, 12 hours September 2015- Present
• Meet every week to mentor a second grade student from Wieland Park Elementary school in different aspects of growing up to become a positive member of society. Will remain mentoring this student until my time of graduation and his completion of the 4th grade.
• Staff Member: Elected to be apart of the Social Media Team to promote the College Mentors program and spread awareness of the programs successes
Volunteer, Physicians Free Clinic, 6 hours September 2015- May 2016
• Assisted concierges in escorting patients to various departments within the clinic for them to receive medications, receive lab work or to be discharged
Volunteer, Children’s Hospital Medical Center, 104 Hours June 2012- Present
• Year round volunteer, responsible for playing games with kids while they are in the waiting room. Cleaned the toys to ensure they are sanitized for the next child
Kappa Sigma Fraternity – Ohio Alpha Sigma Chapter February 2016–Present
• Selected by the Fraternity Chapter to run the fraternity’s recruitment of new potential members during the spring and fall semesters that fit the overall message of the chapter- of “Rising to the Challenge.”
President, St. Xavier Men’s Choir August 2011- May 2015
• President of award winning boys school choir. Traveled annually to compete in local and national competitions. Additionally, selected as member of the advanced choir
Officer, St. Xavier Student Leadership Team April 2013-May 2105
• Elected out of 60 candidates to represent the student body in meetings with about 10 school officials to make important decisions in order to better the school environment