Planning My 10 Hour Capstone

Through a brief amount of research I found out that I would have to pay to apply for certification in Swift. For this reason, I think that my current course of action will change towards developing a simple app or at least the structure for developing an app. I decided that the easiest way to learn how to use swift is by going directly through their website: swift.com, however I also plan on watching Youtube videos to learn how to do more specific applications in the app. I also started to brainstorm what type of app I want to make, but I don’t want to pick something that is too difficult considering the fact that I will spend a lot of time learning how to use the code. I was thinking of doing a simple game that I could add graphics to, in order to make it more appealing, but I could also make an app that has more of a learning based purpose. I also recently broke my thumb, so I was thinking about changing my project to learning how to write with my left hand, as that is a skill that I don’t have and it would benefit me more directly. Currently, I plan on sticking with the coding idea for my project, but I’m not entirely giving up on the other as a side project. It also turns out that one of my friends is also doing a Swift related project, so I could potentially partner up with him to make a better final product. I hope that once I learn how to use Swift I’ll be motivated to continue making apps outside of the project.