Teens and Tech

Remember the days of Legos and other toys that did not plug in? For those of you who have teenagers or if you are related to one, In this section, I share the ways that I balance parenting with technology. If you plan on handing a tech device over to your kids, these posts will help you be one step ahead of your teens.

Remember when you first got a phone that could also get on the web. I remember thinking that this phone has more memory than my (30 MB!) computer had in college.   While this was exciting at first, little did I realize as a parent how hard it is to keep up with technology in today’s fast pace world. Every time Facebook rearranges things or I get a new phone, I feel like I am starting back at square one.   It seems like technology changes at the speed of light.

Image of old Blackberry smart phone

My First Smartphone

As parents, we are also trying to keep up with our kids and the technology that they use. My hope is that by visiting my site, I can share with you what I have learned from researching current technology.   I also conduct field research with my own teens Justin (17) and Megan (14), as well as my teen leaders I work with in Hardin Couty 4- H Youth Development.

Image of pile of Legos

Don’t we wish technology was like Legos?