The hyperlinks on this page will redirect users to essays and editorials that 1). define and explain key terms; 2). contextualize the effects of prejudicial trends and rhetoric; and/or 3). provoke new kinds of thinking about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Each edition of the DEI Newsletter for the Department of Theatre, Film, and Media Arts will introduce a new set of readings and resources that may be of interest to members of our community.
- “How to Teach Your (Many) Neurodivergent Students,” Katie Rose Guest Pryal
- “Names That Are Unfamiliar to You Aren’t ‘Hard,’ They’re ‘Unpracticed’,” N’Jameh Camara
- “Higher Ed Must Move Beyond Performative Apologies,” Sharon Stein
- “The Fight to Redefine Racism,” Kelefa Sanneh
- “Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack,” Peggy McIntosh
- “A Guide to Gender Identity Terms,” Laurel Wamsley
- “The Blame Game,” Stop Asian American and Pacific Islander Hate
- “About Islamophobia,” Center for American Islamic Relations (CAIR Ohio)