Artifact #3

There is one thing besides my phone that goes basically everywhere with me.
Meet my water bottle.

I bought it for $10 on Amazon. It isn’t even worth that much. Yet it is so important to me.

Now, first of all, I drink a lot of water. If I don’t have my water bottle, I can’t focus. So this travels with me everywhere.

It sits through my classes with me, and helps me keep focus during class and while doing homework.
It saves me money at on-campus dining locations because I never have to buy a drink.
It comes to the gym with me and sits in the holder attached to the treadmill.
It comes to my bible studies, extracurricular meetings, and scholar program events.
It experiences my adventures with me, preparing me for a long hike and making sure that I am staying healthy and quenched throughout my workout.

It has taught me that I can enjoy room-temperature water just as much as ice water.
It reminds me that not everyone in this world is lucky enough to have water fountains with filtered-water refill stations on the back of them.

I think in this world we don’t often appreciate the little things in our life. We have become a materialistic people, where what we have is never enough. But this simple, $10 water bottle brings me so much joy.

There is so much beauty in simplicity.

P.S. …did I mention this water bottle is basically indestructible? I’ve dropped it at least 287 times. And it’s still in prime condition. Best $10 I ever spent.