Badge #3 Technology Management

1. Portable-Computer-iconThe student led lesson was a technology disaster initially. The OSU computer did not work. If I were in a school system where I knew the protocol for tech support, I would have called someone for help at 8:30 before the class.   We arrived an hour early to prep the lesson and set up the lesson. The only other thing I would have liked to have done, was bring a cable to plug in my laptop and run the program from my computer as a back-up. We also had the presentation saved on a thumb drive just in case we could not retrieve it online.
  2. I think our slides and video use was well timed and flowed appropriately for the group setting.
  3. We used youtube to put the short video for the class to have easy access. We sent emails for communication, and reminder emails along with links to flickr and youtube.

Reflection on Technology Use:

I would have normally become very rattled at the technology problems prior to our presentation, but because we had discussed the possibility of things going wrong, and having other students to help out with tech issues, I was not as bothered by the computer not working and felt more confident in moving on with our lesson. It makes it easier knowing that others have had tech issues happen to them and survived just fine!

Micro-teaching:  I also learned a lot in google docs with survey use and sharing documents for planning the lesson along with doing a session in Carmen Connect for a pre-planning time.  We did have internet connection issues causing a lag in our voices and decided to call on the phone to wrap up the session.  With the OSU computer not working for our class, it was difficult to plan ahead.  With the help of classmates and other equipment resources, the slideshow worked fine.  The video had to be emailed because it was not available.

Reflection Micro-teaching:  I did feel like I conquered a lot in this little planning project with navigating new online resources.  That’s my biggest apprehension about technology management, I did not grow up with technology use and I feel behind compared to others, so a small accomplishment with google docs like creating a survey feels really big to me.  I do like having presentations and resources online to access instead of saved on one computer.  I feel like there is always a way to get to it remotely, as long as there is working internet.  Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 11.53.30 AM