Current Product Research – Lauren

During my research, I practiced the tasks of putting on socks, doing my hair, and putting on a sweatshirt while only using one arm. In terms of easiest to hardest, I would rank it: putting on socks, putting on a sweatshirt, and finally doing my hair. During this process, it was able to open my eyes to how much we take these day to day tasks for granted. First off, I have documented the photos of myself performing these tasks. Below that, I continued my research and found several products that are currently on the market. I have included prices without shipping and if you click on the photo, it will lead you to the website where the product can be purchased. Overall, I have concluded that although there are products out there to help with these tasks, the variety is slim and the quality is questionable. I found this to be exceptionally true with hair products. During my research, I found this to be the hardest of the three tasks. The fact that there are limited products but a relatively higher need indicates that there is room for opportunity.

Current Products on the Market:  

1.) Dressing Stick: $50.82 (sale price: $42.00)

2.) Dressing Stick: $14.29

3.) Sock Aid with Foam Grip: $19.99 (sale price: $8.90)

4.) Button Hook: $8.28

5.) FootFunnel Shoe Assist: $13.24

6.) Lock Laces: $7.99

7.)  Hair Dryer Stand: $24.95