Offside Infographic

Click the image to enlarge and access zooming capabilities:

Infographic Annotation

My main goal with the infographic that I created was to show static images of players who are in violation, or not in violation, of the offside rule, depending on the aspect of the rule I am focusing on. I chose to focus on the three main principles of the offside rule in the game of soccer to present to 9-10 year old players, who may have varying degrees of experience in the sport. I tried to make the images simplistic so that they were easy to understand. I included text on the actual image where necessary to make the image or pieces of the image clearer, next to the player or part of the image I was addressing, so that it was clear what the text was referring to. I used additional text under each image to further explain the rule. I kept this text very simple and to the point, so as not to confuse my learners and to give some additional context. I put it below the image only because to add it to the actual image would make it too crowded.

After reviewing the infographic, I believe that learners would be able to meet all three of my learning objectives, since they should be able to identify players who are offside or not, and could, using the infographic, design a play of their own that shows an offensive player in violation of the offside rule.

PDF Links for Infographic and Annotation for download:

Offside Infographic – CGS-10unhfp

Infographic Annotation-2iifbsh