The Collective Identity of OSU – Blog Post #2

I chose a picture of the yummy pancakes at Sloopy’s to use as my under and over exposed photos. These pictures don’t do them justice as to how good they were. My roommate and I love Sloopy’s, especially when she still had her meal plan. I think every OSU student has been there, and if not, it is recommended, especially if you want some comfort food. While being there, you can see groups/clubs meeting there, dates and a place where friends can meet up for any meal of the day. I think Sloopy’s is definitely a part of the identity at Ohio State.

Overexposed

Underexposed

The next photo I used for warm and cooler temperature changes was taken outside the RPAC as the sun was setting. I personally like the cooler temperature photo the best. I think the RPAC and the towers are part of an identity at Ohio State. I’m sure almost every student has been to the RPAC to workout, if not, another gym. The towers have always been a point of direction for myself and I’m sure for others, as well. Growing up on Lake Erie, I thought there was never another place that had beautiful sunsets, but Columbus is convincing me other wise. Same sunset, different style.

Warm Temperature

Cooler Temperature

The first free edit photo I used was taken inside Thompson Library of the Stadium. I love going to the top floors of the library and seeing the view. I did add brightness and a red tint to it, along with a few other colors. I think the colors are pretty fitting for the picture. I think the Thompson Library and the stadium are great examples of identity at Ohio State. From football games to finals in the library, both events are equally important in every Ohio State student’s semester.

The second free edit photo I used is a picture of my boyfriend and I on my apartment building roof (not sure if we were even allowed up there). In the background, you can see the city skyline, which I love seeing. I used the dodge tool to clear out some stains on the rooftop and increased the brightness to make us look like we were just on white ground. I added a red hue into this, as well, since red is a romantic color. I did erase the red out of us and I also erased the brightness from the skyline.

I think that the City of Columbus and the skyline or view is relatable to every student. It’s beautiful, mysterious, point of direction, and full of opportunities. I personally love skylines and driving into cities where you can see majority of the tall buildings.