Leadership Development

The “L” in G.O.A.L.S. represents Leadership Development. As a Scholars students, I “will develop leadership skills in the classroom, in the community, and in my co-curricular activities, which prepares me for my future roles in society.” Currently, I am a member of Advocates for Communities and Education Scholars, Public Relations Student Society of America, A Kid Again, Exercise is Medicine as well as working at the RPAC Juice 2 Smoothie and Coffee Shop. In PRSSA, I create a network and connect with local and national professionals in the fields of public relations, digital media, and technology. As an A Kid Again volunteer, I spread positivity to families with children with life threatening illnesses through social events. In Exercise is Medicine, I promote healthy lifestyle habits and inspire individuals to get active in attempts to prevent diseases.

Through ACES and Juice 2, I have especially developed some qualities that a good leader portrays. At work, I focus on always being on top of things, making sure everything is done correctly by asking for confirmations, and being a very quick learner; I have been recognized of this work ethic. I’m a hard worker, and I would define my learning style as people-oriented. I believe it’s essential to create good connections and treat your peers with respect. In the future, I aspire to become a member of the ACES Leadership Council, a student manager at Juice 2, a fitness instructor at the RPAC, and plan on applying as a PRSSA executive board member in the spring in hopes of giving back to the people and experiences that have taught me to become a good leader.