Three Learning Facts to Remember

Log onto the Carmen home a minimum three times per week

Logging onto the carmen homepage consistently each week is associated with higher grades for students that really read the directions for each assignment. Get into the habit of checking inconsistently, even daily, to read discussion posts, check for instructor announcements and/or review course materials. Also, records all of your submission of your assignments just in case something happens where you have to show proof.

Manage your time well

Just because you can access your work 24-7 doesn’t mean it’s a good practice. I suggest that you do the following schedule time for email communications, discussion-board postings, feedback, and reading ahead of time that way if you have any questions you can get help sooner than waiting until the day of the assignments is due. As well with online classes always create a folder on your desktop to save the syllabus along with reading materials and your assignments.

Encourage collaboration

Students will engage more if they get the chance to connect with each other, academically and socially, but this can be challenging to do online. The online project was very fun and I had the opportunity to work with others students. Try giving assignments that demand online collaboration. Also, get to know your classmate’s whether it’s in an online class or in-person class. I know for sure collaboration is something that I will experience in the workforce, so I like the idea of practicing now is my classes with projects.