This page will be updated regularly with events and people that we’d like to highlight as well as links to resources that are relevant to women participating in science.
Scientist of the Week!
Noreen Grice has a background in astronomy, museum studies, non-profit management, and assistive technology applications. She is a disability advocate and has published many accessible astronomy books, including three tactile astronomy books for blind and low-vision people. She is the founder of You Can Do Astronomy LLC and in 2019 she spoke at the SciAccess conference at The Ohio State University about her work.
Check out all our previous Scientists of the Week here!
This month is Women’s History Month (WHM)! There are tons of great workshops available through the Multicultural Center centered around WHM. Check out more events from the Multicultural Center here!
- Latinx Welcome Cookout: Monday, August 23 from 4:00 – 6:00 PM.
- LGBTQ Welcome (Back) Mix and Mingle: Tuesday, August 24 from 4:00 – 6:00 PM. Registration required.
- Asian, Pacific Islander, Desi-American (APIDA) Student Welcome and Showcase: Wednesday, August 25 from 6:00 – 8:00 PM.
- Women’s Welcome Week Event: Wednesday, August 25 from 6:00 – 8:00 PM. Registration required.
- African American Family Reunion: Friday, August 27 from 5:30 – 9:00 PM.
- First-Generation College Student Welcome Fest: Saturday, August 28 from 3:00 – 4:30 PM.
Papers & Articles
- Culture, Gender, and Math
- Gender Inequality in Deliberative Participation
- Marriage Structure and Resistance to the Gender Revolution in the Workplace
- “Stereotype Threat”: Why Women Quit Science Jobs
- Female Physicist Doctoral Experiences
OSU Related Links