Buckeye Football!

Hi! I’m Drew Kruger, a Gastroenterologist currently practicing in New Jersey. I grew up in Cincinnati, went to undergrad at THE Ohio State University, medical school in Arizona, then back to Ohio State for Internal Medicine Residency and Gastroenterology Fellowship. I commend you on your interest in training at Ohio State– I have trained/worked in Phoenix, Chicago, Ohio, and the Northeast, and I wholeheartedly believe that the education I received at Ohio State is unmatched. 

Medical training aside, the city of Columbus is a very special place. It is a unique metropolis in the American heartland with some of the best food, festivals, arts, concerts, nightlife, and diversity you can find. At its center is The Ohio State University, and the center of the university is Buckeye Nation and OSU Football. There is truly nothing in this world that compares to Saturdays in the fall at Ohio Stadium. As a university faculty member, residents and fellows are eligible for football tickets! Some think the only reason I wanted to do residency and fellowship at OSU was for the football tickets… which I can neither confirm nor deny. The atmosphere, energy, pageantry, The Best Damn Band in the Land, and winning culture combine for an indescribable experience that you’ll share with over 100,000 of your closest friends in Ohio Stadium each weekend. 

Ohio State Football holds a special place in my heart– from childhood memories of going to games with family; meeting my future wife at a tailgate (and playing the university’s fight song at our wedding reception); taking our newborn [who was born at OSU (FYI, all babies born at OSU are given a ton of Buckeye gear)] to the stadium before taking her home from the hospital; and all the other countless memories of wins (rare memories of losses), rushing the field, singing, cheering, and overall jubilation that I’ve experienced in that stadium over the years. If you match at Ohio State, I strongly encourage you to take advantage of the special opportunity to be a season ticket holder. I can promise you that you will also develop memories to last a lifetime. 

Go Bucks!