What is the Student Employment Experience?
In short, the Student Employment Experience is made up of three parts.
- The most important component is the student’s employment role. We employ over 5,000 students working in many diverse lines of business. And all throughout Student Life we have incredible supervisors, each content experts in their field, and each invested in the personal and professional development of their students. These jobs, and their supervisors, provide students with real-world learning opportunities every day.
- The second component of SEE is the OSU GROW* (Guided Reflection on Work) conversation. These short conversations are led by supervisors to help students reflect on their learning and make connections between work, school, and career aspirations.
- Lastly, students in SEE get an opportunity each semester to attend a professional development training workshop. These three components makeup the Student Employment Experience.
* GROW is used with permission from © University of Iowa
What are the Goals of SEE?
- Lead student employees to reflect on what they are learning through their employment role
- Guide students to connect that learning from work to class and future careers
- Support supervisors of students to incorporate learning into all apsects of a student employee’s experience (from hiring to exit)
Questions about SEE?
Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.