January Reflection

Although the semester has just begun, I have been enjoying ENR Seminar. I learned more about the causes of climate change and how we are able to start to change what is happening. We talked more about Nuclear power and how changing to this being our main power source will be great environmentally.Although I do not think this is the greatest solution, many of my classmates have given great examples that show a more positive outlook on the subject. The debate we had during the first class was very interesting and people gave great answers even when they were debating on sides they did not agree with. Being about to debate about certain climate change laws showed me how hard it is to try to change the world for the better. We are not able to cut out all the problems that have been caused without changing the way we live drastically. I have no problem with doing so but majority of the world or country will not agree with the challenges we would have to face to save our planet.Something I have learned about myself is that I love to hear other people’s opinions and being informed by others on subjects that I am not that aware of. I have struggled with trying to answer questions because sometimes I think my answers are inadequate because of my lack of knowledge. I am trying to be more open about my confusion or I even try to give an answer, but I try to be a little vague. This month I have achieved new friendships and I have learned more about my classmates and how they think. I love hearing how excited they get when they talk about situations that they are passionate about. I am more excited about this semester than I thought I would be.