September Reflection

Something I learned in ENR Seminar this month was about how the campus has impacted and contributed to the environment. I never thought about the amount of energy it takes to run a university and how much we contribute to pollution. I also see the university trying to flatten the curve of pollution by using solar power, making many single-use items compostable, and providing greenhouses and farms to the students and the staff. This month I learned that I wanted to focus my career on development, specifically environmental development. After having conversations in class and researching what is going on in poverty stricken and low-income communities, I realized that there are people that care but not enough and I would like to change these living situations. These communities are the highest contributors and the highest amount impacted by climate change because they do not have the resources to change the way they live. If big businesses are not going to change then we have to find ways to make it happen. This month I struggled with trying to work my ePortfolio, I have been having difficulty since the very beginning. I am still trying to get used to my Macbook and I am also bad at understanding instructions, especially since they are online and hard to comprehend. My avatar would not publish when I tried multiple times and even now, my Artifact post was missing and I was very confused on where it had went. But you have to struggle before you succeed and at the end of the semester I think I will understand this platform more. This month I have achieved new campus resources and gained new social communities through ENR Seminar. This class has provided me with so much information and new experiences and I am very thankful for it. I really enjoy this class and look forward to the following months.