Artifact 2

Through my scholars program, Mount Leadership Society, I have learned a great deal thus far. Although I have only been involved in Mount for a short amount of time, I can already see the impact it makes on our community, my peers, and myself personally.

Recently, I chose to volunteer at a community Halloween party for children. Though this may seem like a small task, I could tell it had a large effect on the kids, families, and even the staff. I worked carnival games, which gave me a surprisingly great opportunity to talk to the children and family members. They were all incredibly excited to participate, some even coming back three or four times, which meant we had many opportunities to chat. I felt an increased sense of joy upon seeing the kids and their families laughing, playing, and having a good time together. In our current day’s society, sometimes it is hard for families to simply join together and have fun. Through this small community event, I know I was able to put some smiles on faces, along with the candy in their bags. With our world being so full of hate of late, it was refreshing to see pure goodness in the form of happiness in families, that I gladly know I helped provide.