Hello!

My name is Miya Stewart and I am a freshman at The Ohio State University. I am majoring in Pharmacy with the Pre-Medicine track and minoring in International Relations. I chose this path because I have always been interested in the medical field but I also wanted to get a global perception of how medicine works in other cultures. My goal is to use my medical knowledge to help people from all around the world.

Some interesting facts about me is that I speak fluent Japanese, I have travelled to Japan and France, and I have job-shadowed a pediatrician. Being able to speak Japanese has helped me in many ways. Not only does it allow me to communicate with my family, but it has also influenced my decision to learn other languages and experience other cultures. Traveling to Japan and France also helped me culturally. I have been to Japan many times in my life and I went to Paris, France when I was 14-years-old. I have learned about each of their healthcare systems and how they differ from our healthcare system. Job-shadowing a pediatrician was also very beneficial to my life. I learned what it is like to be a pediatrician and other things about the medical field.

Stewart,Miya-4x6