- Metabolic profiling, targeted and untargeted metabolomics related to food and nutrition for health.
- Bioavailability, metabolism, and physiological significance of carotenoids, isothiocyanates, isoflavones and other phytochemicals.
- Phytochemicals and bioactive components in foods related to chronic disease, oxidative stress and cancer prevention and control.
- Analytical methods development in food analysis.
- Chemistry of plant pigments, particularly chlorophylls, carotenoids, and provitamin A nutrients.
- Chemical alterations of food components during processing with emphasis on substances of nutritional, toxicological and food quality significance.