Arconic Internship

This summer I was interning at Arconic in Cleveland, OH. My role at Arconic was a process engineering intern, and my project was to get one of the Cleveland manufacturing plants up to speed with Smart Manufacturing.

During this internship some transformations occurred to myself, my assumptions, and how I view certain things. One example on a transformation of myself was how I am able to interact with other people on a professional level now after I have completed my internship. Going onto my assumptions, they changed in a away where I have learned to not assume things right away and to evaluate the whole picture before I conclude to an assumption. And finally my view on the world has changed in a way where I can view myself in a way where I can fit in the world professionally in a work environment and be a beneficial help for myself and society.

I had certain events, interactions, and activities that have occurred during my STEP project that have led to the changes and transformations that have occurred to me earlier. With my internship this summer I was put into many different situations, and being in different situations means I am dealing with many different people. When I am dealing with a wide variety of people in a work environment, it has thought me to be able to communicate and works with them in a professional way where I can still be myself and display personality but in a professional manner. I really enjoyed this transformation because I believe my personality is a big trait of mine and in a work environment I would like to display it, and with my STEP signature project I was able to learn how to do that.

My transformation in my assumptions occurred in a few situations this summer. One of them occurring from when I was working on my Smart Manufacturing Project. While working on my project I had to learn the hard way to learn what happens when I assume certain things. While working, I assumed certain actions that I did would only affect my end of my project but it ended up affecting multiple other engineers because I assumed it was only going to affect me. So it taught me to step back and evaluate the full picture and proceed with my actions.

After I completed my Smart Manufacturing Project at Arconic and presenting it to the company I learned a lot with how I will able to fit in the professional world down the road. I was able to see my strengths and weaknesses come out and see how I took advantage of them. I saw certain traits of mine that I did not know I possessed. And also I saw how I handle situations under pressure and proceed with my actions.

Overall this transformation is going to be very valuable to me. It will not only affect my personal goals in a positive manner it will also impact my professional goals. It’s going to add a lot of value to my life since it has given me the opportunity to go out in the real world and make an impact.A