Global May Hungary

1. Please provide a brief description of your STEP Signature Project. Write two or three sentences describing the main activities your STEP Signature Project entailed.

My STEP Signature Project involved me partaking on the Global May Hungary trip out of Ohio State.  Doing so allowed me to travel to four different countries, learn about the history and culture of those regions, and create a video media project on a topic I found to be most interesting.

1. What about your understanding of yourself, your assumptions, or your view of the world changed/transformed while completing your STEP Signature Project? Write one or two paragraphs to describe the change or transformation that took place.

Completing my STEP Signature Project changed my understandings of both myself and the world in various ways.  Traveling to and through four countries completely foreign to me really allowed me to grow and become more comfortable with my ability to navigate new and unfamiliar situations.

My project also transformed my view of the world in exposing to me the various differences and similarities that exist between different cultures and regions of the world.

1. What events, interactions, relationships, or activities during your STEP Signature Project led to the change/transformation that you discussed in #2, and how did those affect you? Write three or four paragraphs describing the key aspects of your experiences completing your STEP Signature Project that led to this change/transformation.

The relationships that I formed with other students on my trip definitely contributed to my better and changed understanding of myself.  The people I met and grew so close to continually encouraged me to not be confined by my comfort zone, and each time I did, I had an absolutely wonderful experience.

One example of when I went out of my comfort zone and was so glad to have done so was when I travelled to Bratislava, Slovakia on a free weekend.  To go on a trip to yet another country with a completely different currency and language is not something I would have ever expected to do prior to my project, but the experiences I had there were priceless.

To have been able to involve myself in so many new and exciting things with other people just as enthusiastic (and nervous) as me was a truly incredible experience, and is what led me to grow so close to the other students on this trip.

1. Why is this change/transformation significant or valuable for your life? Write one or two paragraphs discussing why this change or development matters and/or relates to your academic, personal, and/or professional goals and future plans.

The changes and transformations I experienced as a result of this trip are so valuable to me because they have sparked within me a desire to continue to travel and see the world.  This development will hopefully lead me to live a more meaningful and exciting life.  A personal goal of mine has always been to travel to as many countries as possible, so to really long to do so is very meaningful to me.