External Resources for STEMM:
- Being Human in STEM: For students and faculty – An initiative that aims to foster a more inclusive, supportive STEM community by helping students, faculty, and staff collaboratively develop a framework to understand and navigate diverse identities in the classroom, lab, and beyond.
- Yale Ciencia Academy for Career Development – This is a free, year-long program that provides doctoral students with opportunities for mentoring, peer support and networking, career advancement skills, and ways to contribute to their communities through science outreach. There are several benefits and components to this program. If you are interested in learning more and applying, visit their website here.
For College Students and Postbacs:
Getting to Professional (Medical/Dental) School:
- Applying to Medical School: Assessing Your Application (6/25/2013) an overview of everything you need to know to get into medical school.
Interviewing for Professional School (9/21/2009)
Advice from the Trenches: Getting to Professional School (6/30/2009)
MD/PhD: Is It for You? (6/30/2009)
Applying to Medical School (1/18/2011)
Writing Personal Statements for Professional School (3-29-12; NOTE that you may need to click on “CC” to make the closed captioning visible.)
- Preparing for the MCAT 2015 (NOTE: this is a YouTube video)
Medical School Application Schedule for Admission in Fall 2019 (handout)
Identifying Medical Schools for Your AMCAS Application (handout)
Guidelines for REAPPLYING to Medical School (handout)
Osteopathic Medicine and the AACOMAS Application 2016 (5/21/2015) NOTE: only the audio and the slides were captured; our sincere apologies.
Videos about NIH Training Programs:
- HiSTEP, the High School Scientific Training and Enrichment Program
- Applying to CCSEP, the Community College Summer Enrichment Program
- Student Comments on the NIH Community College Summer Enrichment Program
- How to Apply to the NIH Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- Applying to the Summer Internship Program
- Applying to the NIH Postbac Program
- NIH Community College Day 2014
- Graduate Partnerships Program – Individual Partnership