The people highlighted below represent the founding members of the STEM Impact Collaborative (SIC). Their STEM outreach accomplishments aren’t limited to SIC. Be sure to check out the awesome outreach programs, websites and social media they contribute to as well!
Cynthia Canan, PhD
Cynthia is the Director of the Generation Rx laboratory at COSI and the Faculty Director of the Pills, Potions and Poisons high school summer program.
Jason is the Education and Outreach Director for the Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center where he oversees a suite of public outreach and K-12 programs.
- @ByrdPolar (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- BPCRC Education & Outreach
Monica Delgado Carrillo
Monica is the Associate Director of Outreach in the Department of Mathematics where she leads the Buckeye Aha! Math Moments program.
- @bamm_osu (Twitter, Instagram)
- @bammosu (Facebook)
- Buckeye Aha! Math Moments
Katherine O’Brien, PhD
Katherine is a postdoctoral researcher for the STEAM Factory. Katherine is also one of the two organizers for the Columbus Science Pub.
- @MBDatOSU (Facebook, Instagram)
- @ColumbusSciencePub (Facebook)
- @CbusSciencePub (Twitter)
- Columbus Science Pub
- Museum of Biological Diversity
Courtney is the Outreach and Education Specialist for the Arabidopsis Biological Resource Center and the Center for Applied Plant Sciences. She is also the program coordinator for the Translational Plant Sciences Graduate Program.
- @ABRC_OSU, @CAPS_OSU, @TPS_OSU (Twitter)
- @CAPSOhioState (Facebook)
- ABRC Education & Outreach
- CAPS Education & Outreach
Wayne Schlingman, PhD
Wayne is the Director of the Arne Slettebak Planetarium in the Department of Astronomy.
- @OSUPlanetarium (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
@OSUAstro (Twitter), @OSUAstronomy (Facebook, Instagram)
OSU Astronomy on Youtube
- Planetarium Outreach
STEM Impact Collaborative programs are often supported by scholars from a variety of STEM units across campus as well as a number of community partners. We thank every individual and organization who contributes content and/or participates in one of our programs.