Mentor Interview Reflection

I met with Ellie Frey, a second-year landscape architecture student to discuss her experiences at Ohio State, in the landscape architecture program, and to receive any advice that can help me.

Before the interview, I did not know much about the landscape architecture program at Ohio State. Ellie gave me examples of projects that she is working on and she recommended a certain course that would help me learn more about the landscape architecture program at Ohio State. Ellie also gave me contacts for people further in the architecture program if I have questions or want to see what they are working on. I also learned about lesser-known studying spots on campus that are not extremely crowded. Outside of education at Ohio State, Ellie shared her favorite experiences inside and outside the Scholars program. Hearing about the fun she had on Scholars trips makes me excited to go on one. One of the most important things I learned from my interview is that college is an experience. I should make the most out of my education, but I also should focus on learning about myself and making lasting memories.

Having Ellie as a mentor will be extremely helpful as she can give me glimpses into the landscape architecture program so I can decide which program I would like to go into. This interview helped me relate to her on a more personal level and I am glad that I now have an upperclassmen to help me during my time at the Knowlton School of Architecture.