The program uses a three-tiered approach to engage students: enrollment in an academic skills and strategies course, ESEPSY 2059, during their first year; participation in the Summer Enrichment Program in the summer before their second year; and ongoing monitoring, support, and engagement through graduation.
- The purpose of this course is to help you become a self-regulated learner—someone who creates effective plans, evaluates how well your strategies are working, and adapts your approach based on the results you’re getting.
- In addition to learning skills like time management and better note-taking, you’ll also learn how to set goals, bounce back, and be resilient.
- You will also cover the culture and expectations of higher education and how to get the most out of resources and support services.
How do I enroll in ESEPSY 2059?
- We encourage you to talk with your academic advisor or SpringForward about how your semester is going and ways you would like to improve. If SpringForward is right for you, your advisor can add ESEPSY 2059 to your class schedule.
- Columbus campus students can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to have the course added to your schedule.
SpringForward Summer Enrichment Program
- Scholarship for up to 6 credit hours of approved courses (typically GE)
- Book scholarship ($150)
- Opportunity to earn additional scholarship dollars for autumn and spring semester of your second year
- Enrollment in EXP 2100: Summer Experience- Strategies for Academic and Personal Success
- One on one academic coaching
- Personalized academic advising
- Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction through Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Opportunity for instructor feedback
- Online weekly synchronous class meetings
- Virtual community engagement opportunities (trivia, cooking class, wellness activities, painting class, etc.)
- Staff and faculty mentors
Who is eligible to participate?
- New, first year students (typically graduated high school last year)
- Ready to make a change
How do I apply for the summer enrichment program?
The application for summer 2024 will open in February 2024. Spots are limited.
“After my first year, i was looking at the numbers and I was like ‘yo, I’m gonna have to climb some type of mountain.’ If it wasn’t for SpringForward and I wasn’t able to have that academic growth during summertime, I’m not sure that I would have been able to come back and climb the mountain.” – SpringForward Summer 2023 participant
SpringForward provides the resources, space, and support to allow students to improve their academic trajectory and continue to persist and graduate. After participating in the summer program students will continue to be supported by SpringForward through 1:1 advising, academic coaching, ongoing account monitoring and review, workshop opportunities, monthly social events, tutoring and supplemental instruction, and unique opportunities to participate in STEP cohorts.