Who can participate in SpringForward?
Any new first-year student on Columbus, Marion, or Mansfield campus is eligible to participate in ESEPSY 2059.
The summer enrichment program is only open to students who meet specific eligibility criteria. Examples of other factors that may impact a student’s enrollment in the program include residency status and availability of summer classes.
How do I enroll in ESEPSY 2059?
- We encourage you to talk with your academic advisor or the SpringForward advisor about how your semester is going and ways you would like to improve. If SpringForward is right for you, your advisor can add ESEPSY 2059 to your class schedule.
- Columbus campus students can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to have the course added to your schedule.
How do I apply for the summer enrichment program?
Students must fill out an application to be considered. In most cases, students will have completed ESEPSY 2059 (or a similar ESEPSY course) prior to enrolling in the summer program.
The application for the 2021 SpringForward cohort is now closed.
Eligibility criteria for applying to the Summer 2021 cohort:
Graduated from high school in 2020 and meets one of the following:
- Started on Columbus campus in Summer 2020, Autumn 2020, or Spring 2021; OR
- Started on a regional campus in Summer 2020, Autumn 2020, or Spring 2021 AND plans to change to Columbus campus for Summer 2021 or Autumn 2021
- Regional campuses: ATI/Wooster, Lima, Mansfield, Marion, Newark
Select students who are transferring to Ohio State from another institution to begin in Summer 2021 or Autumn 2021 may also be eligible to apply. These students will receive a personal invitation from SpringForward letting them know they are eligible. This invitation will be sent to their Ohio State email address.
“This was the perfect way to motivate me and get my head on straight going into the Autumn Semester.” — Summer 2020 participant